Bill Richardson


I heard Governor Bill Richardson of New Mexico speak this morning at an Obama campaign event near my city. He's a funny and engaging speaker, but without a lot of fire.

He told a funny story and I filmed most of it. I'll set up the clip: He said that the first time he realized the character of Barack Obama was at one of the early debates, when he was still in the primary. He was next to Obama and since there were so many candidates he didn't get a lot of questions, especially since so many of the questions went to Obama and Clinton. So after he was asked a question, he didn't always pay full attention to the follow up since he figured it wouldn't be his turn again for a few minutes. But in this case, it didn't turn out that way and he didn't know what he was supposed to answer.



In case you couldn't make out what he said Obama whispered to him, it was " They asked you about Katrina!"

I got a chance to meet Richardson afterwards and got a nice pictire with him. Though this blog isn't exactly anonymous, I prefer not to post my face front & center, but if you're friends with me on Facebook, you can see the picture there.

Update May 27 2013: Since this blog is no longer anonymous at all, I can post that picture without reservations:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycott the Chidon HaTanach?

Tzniyus Fetish

What kind of skeptic are you?