Live blogging Israel - sort of

Just arrived in Israel for a family wedding.
I'm not usually prone to "only in Israel" stories, but I have to relate a couple of small things.
1) The young female ElAl employee at JFK who asked me the usual "who packed your bags?", "did anyone give you a package?" questions also, after examining my Israeli passport, demanded to know why, if I had made aliyah, was I living in America. She then proceeded to strongly urge me to uproot my family immediately and return to Israel to live.
2) I caught a nasty cold on the plane. Hundreds of people in an enclosed space for 9 hours...
At Ben Gurion Airport, I approached the passport control desk. The woman at the desk, seeing me sniffling, immediately pulled out a roll of toilet paper (I guess she had no tissues) and sympathetically placed it in front of me.
It's nice to be home.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycott the Chidon HaTanach?

Tzniyus Fetish

What kind of skeptic are you?