Is Rabbi Zev Farber Orthodox?

So much of the reaction to R Farber's big essay has focused on whether he can still be considered Orthodox or not, whether Orthodoxy should nor reject him, etc, etc.

If R Farber isn't Orthodox, than I definitely am not. Not being a rabbi or a community leader, I don't really care what label people slap on my set of beliefs. I'd just like to see more focus on what R Farber actually wrote. Is it a viable theology or not? (irrespective of labels).

I'm in the middle of writing my own essay in reaction to what R Farber wrote and some of the other reactions, as well as outlining my own theology and how I approach the challenges of Academic Biblical study. Look for it here in a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tzniyus Fetish

Boycott the Chidon HaTanach?

My Father, Yitzchak Staum